Thursday, October 25, 2012

Additions to the web site, before the readings commence

Since Blogger doesn't report to followers/subscribers on "pages" being added (only "posts"), I thought I would mention here a couple of things I've added, both of which can be accessed in the navigation bar at the top of the main page.

First, I draw your attention to the peculiarities of this site design, so that you can find everything easily (see "Using this website"). I like the fact that this blog template helps things keep from getting cluttered, but it's not always clear where expected items have been tucked. Among other things, I tell you how to find the widgets for following or subscribing to this blog.

Second, I've added a page that explains the method I'll be using as we go forward, and offers a good 4-point plan for reading and making sense of any kind of text that may lie outside a reader's comfort zone. Since I'm not an expert on Catholic social doctrine myself, I'll be relying on this method myself to some extent or other. Anyway, I hope that this method will help lessen the intimidation factor for anyone who may wish to join us on this adventure in reading.

Let me once again encourage any and all who are interested to take part in the reading and the discussion as we go along.

No comments:

Post a Comment